Median annual salary: $110,800
Is Information Security Analyst / Manager one of the fastest growing jobs?
Information Security Analyst / Manager currently is the sixth fastest growing job in the US. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Information Security Analysts is projected to grow 33.3 percent from 2020 to 2030. As a result, this presents a very strong Career opportunity. So what is an Information Security Analyst?
What is the Salary of Information Security Analysts?
The median annual wage for Information Security Analysts is $110,800. Salaries range from $60,000 to more than $175,000, based on experience, training and location.
What is an Information Security Analyst?
Information Security Analysts / Managers developed strategies, plan and implement security measures to protect a company’s computer networks and IT systems. They are in charge of:
· Monitoring their company’s network for breaches in security
· Leading the response when a security breach occurs and looking after the recovery of data as needed
· Investigating when there is a security breach or security violation
· Protecting the confidentiality and integrity of data
· Protecting networks, computers, and data from cyber-attacks, viruses, and other security breaches.
· Creating and implementing policies and good practice that staff can use to ensure their employer’s networks and data are protected.
· Identifying weak areas that might make IT systems vulnerable to attack
· Assessing and using tools such as firewalls, data encryption programs, anti-virus software and other software to protect sensitive information
· Analyzing reports generated by the system to discover potential future risks
· Managing backup and security systems
· Creating IT security features that can protect their company’s data
· Building systems to protect against hacking
· Preparing reports and recommending to management ways to improve security
· Training and supporting staff in the use of new security products
How to become an Information Security Analyst / Manager?
If you want to get into a career as an Information Security Analyst or Manager, you should pursue a bachelor’s degree in Computer and Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Programming, as most employers want this. A related degree such as Engineering or Mathematics may also be accepted. You can enhance your prospects by achieving a master’s degree in Information Technology.
It is further recommended that you get various professional certifications, such as ‘Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)’ or ‘Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).’
On occasion some people can first enter the field with a high school diploma and relevant industry training and certifications. For people entering the occupation at entry level it is recommended that you achieve the Security+ certification. To get into the Information Security Management roles most employers require five years of IT experience and previous management experience.
What is the Career Progression for Information Security Analysts?
After gaining occupational experience, Information Security Analysts can be promoted into Chief Security Officers or another manager role related to computer and information systems management.
Information Security Analyst / Manager is an excellent career choice for the future because it is currently the sixth fastest growing career, so it is an excellent career to consider for 2022 and for many years into the future. Based on my professional expertise in careers, employment, learning and skills and extraction of solid research from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics I have been able to extract and summarize key information for you to help you to learn more about a career as a Information Security Analyst. I hope this blog helped you to discover and explore a job as a Information Security Analyst as a potential career choice. To learn more and see my recommendations for Best Future Careers, read my blog article now!